JOB OPPORTUNITY: Program Assistant PRIYD
Competition #133-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
The PRIYD program is a community access program focusing on functional life skills and community integration for children and youth with special needs living in Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, and Vancouver. A support for children and youth with developmental disabilities and behavioural challenges, the goals of the program are to increase each person’s independence and to support the family. Service is provided both one-to-one and in small groups.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Knowledge of staff recruitment and on-boarding strategies and ability to implement them effectively
- Knowledge of behavior support practices
- A minimum of intermediate level computer skills: Windows based, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to develop and execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and excellent written and oral English skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, to prioritize efficiently and to multi-task as workload fluctuates
Education/Training and Work Experience:
- Bachelor, diploma, or certificate in related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in related position which stresses organization, attention to detail, creativity and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Successful completion of criminal record check
- Understanding of services for children and youth with special needs preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access preferred
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment and on-boarding of Integration Support staff and volunteers, including developing and implementing marketing and on-boarding materials, maintaining active hiring pipeline, participating in selection process, managing staff files and developing retention strategies
- Foster positive relationships with internal staff to understand specific staffing needs, and then develop and implement creative strategies to meet these needs
- Professionally represent PRIYD and Agency to potential staff and volunteers and develop positive relationships with external community partners, including post-secondary institutions
- Assist Program Manager in quality assurance responsibilities including program policy development, health and safety, accreditation-related tasks and staff record management
- Assist Program Manager in coordinating professional development requirements and opportunities, including organizing logistics of training sessions and communicating with potential trainers
- Assist Program Manager in a wide variety of projects to build greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Apply sound understanding of Agency and legal requirements, Program philosophy and evidence-based behaviour support practices to all aspect of your work
WHY WORK HERE?
• Friendly work environment
• Flexible working hours
• Support the local community
• Rewarding experience
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV offers purposeful careers, serving the most vulnerable members of our community. This role offers you the opportunity to help children and youth thrive and make a positive impact in our community.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship, paid training and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 28hr/week, with possibility of increase to 35
Salary: Being evaluated. Includes competitive benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #133-18 in email subject line). Please tell us where you heard of this opportunity, outlining your interest and demonstrating your relevant experience for this role in your cover letter.
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
Send your application to: Shahnaz Kabir at email@example.com
Post End Date: We will review candidates until position is filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons w