JOB OPPORTUNITY: Program Administrative Support – Summer Student (Richmond)
Competition #56-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
As a Summer Student, you will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the program, as well as various projects. In collaboration with the program team, you will support the administrative process and other various initiatives as assigned. This is an 8 week term position under the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Assist in the preparation of documents.
- Updates files and maintains various filing systems in an organized fashion, including electronic files, data tracking sheets, etc.
- Organizes meetings and takes minutes as required.
- Provides overall administrative and clerical support coverage to the program, as well as to other functions where necessary.
- Answers general inquiries received in to the department or triages to other colleagues for reply.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of various projects and initiatives including tracking progress, updating project charters, and organizing project meetings and agendas.
- Supports preparation of project communications and project documentation and implementation.
- Supports client/customers (internal and external) of the department by answering general questions, providing policy or other information and elevating to other team members as appropriate.
- Engages in promoting and living the core values of the Agency, promoting culture of engagement and monitoring employee health and wellbeing and delivering improvements through appropriate and considered employee programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently enrolled in a College or University
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an office environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse workforce
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must have full-time student status during the periods of Sept 2017 – April 2018 and Sept 2018 – April 2019, and be 30 years of age or under.
- Must be either a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or recognized Refugee status in Canada.
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV offers purposeful careers, serving the most vulnerable members of our community. This role offers you the opportunity to help parents nurture and strengthen their families, influence the growth of a new team, nurture cooperative relationships and make a positive impact in our community.
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, and offer mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 30 Hours per Week
Salary: $13.01/hr plus 4% in lieu of vacation
Term: 8 Weeks – June 18 – August 10, 2018
Closing Date: May 21, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #56-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.