JOB OPPORTUNITY: Tagalog Speaking Family Counsellor- Hourly
Competition #60-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Masters degree in social work or clinical counselling, and
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Class Five Driver’s License and personal vehicle
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of child welfare policies and practices
- Working knowledge of different parenting strategies and the ability to share these strategies with families
- In-depth knowledge of child development and child abuse dynamics
- An understanding of integrated case management/wrap around service delivery
- An understanding of child and adolescent stages of development
- Superior crisis intervention skills
- Ability to work with families that may present multiple service needs related to poverty, addictions, violence, child abuse or neglect, and mental health issues
- Ability to provide counselling in a variety of approaches that best fits client needs
- Knowledge of Computer operating systems, ie. Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Publisher
- Able to work with Tagalog speaking families
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Provide a variety of parenting education, supportive interventions and counseling services that promote healthier family functioning and utilization of community supports
- Provide support and counselling to children and families referred by MCFD and linkage between the family, the community, MCFD and other professional services
- Advocacy of the child and/or family, particularly in regard to housing, health, basic needs or schooling
- Assessment of family and/or child functioning and needs within expected time frames
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
The Family Counselor provides services primarily to families that promote healthier family functioning and linkages to community resources. This position provides a variety of parenting education, support and counselling to children and families referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, and offer mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: Hourly depending on the number of families assigned
Salary: $27.60 per hour
Location: Work in the culturally vibrant Vancouver neighbourhood of 4103 Fraser Street
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #60-18 in the email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN HOURLY POSITION FOR A TAGALOG SPEAKING FAMILY COUNSELLOR
Send your application to: Jim Station, Manager of Clinical Operations at: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders and sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.