JOB OPPORTUNITY: Resource Worker (Part-time)
Competition #65-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
Education and Training:
- 2 year diploma in youth care or 2 years post secondary education in a related field
- Current First Aid certification is an asset.
- 2 years of experience working with high risk families and/or children
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Awareness of community services, resources and systems
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, showing initiative and flexibility
- Ability to maintain a schedule that allows for both day and evening work, and a willingness and ability to work with other systems
- Clear Criminal record check required.
- Collaborative Communication, including teamwork & cooperation, interpersonal communication, diversity and cultural agility
- Personal Effectiveness, including integrity and ethical behavior, personal resilience, adaptability/flexibility, commitment to learning
- Personal Leadership, including influence, initiative, judgment and decision making, creativity and innovation
- Commitment to Excellence, including results focus, client-centered service, planning and organizing, professional expertise and technological proficiency
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Establish a trusting, non-judgmental, respectful rapport with clients and their families.
- Ensure that clients are empowered through their own participation in planning for their immediate and long-term needs.
- Assist clients in their search for safe, affordable housing and/or appropriate daycare for their children
- Provide information on services and available opportunities and actively promote client involvement in the community.
- Advocate for the needs of clients with appropriate community resources, landlords, Income Assistance and Social Workers
- Collaborate with Family Counsellor making referrals to ensure families’ needs are being met.
- Prepare letters of support for families.
- Class 5 driver’s licence and use of your own car
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
This multi-faceted position works with Family Counsellors to support clients in securing and moving to permanent housing; securing appropriate childcare for their children; providing emergency supervised access, and linking clients to appropriate community resources. In addition to working closely with families this job requires that the Resource Worker will continuously update relevant information related to housing and daycare.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: This is a part-time position at 17.5 hours/week. Hours are flexible dependent on client’s needs
Salary: GS 7 Step 1 $756.35 bi-weekly
Location: Work in the culturally vibrant Vancouver neighbourhood of 4103 Fraser Street
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #65-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “INTERNAL” in the subject line of the email**
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post End Date: This posting will remain open until the position is filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.