JOB OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Assistant – Term
Competition #67-18 | Download Job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative position
• Detail oriented
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills
• Pleasant and calm manner
• Ability to relate well to children, adults, clients and professionals, in person and on the phone
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to multitask, showing initiative and flexibility
• Comfortable working with a culturally diverse workforce
• Working knowledge of MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Internet and database software skills
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
To provide reception and clerical support to the Program Manager, staff and clients of the Project Parent Burnaby/New Westminster and Parent Teen Mediation programs. This is a 21 hour per week term position, from June 25, 2018 to March 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension.
• Greet clients, visitors and staff in a pleasant and welcoming manner.
• Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner; directs calls and relay messages to staff.
• Refers calls to appropriate resources inside and outside the agency, as needed.
• Prepares mail to be sent to other agency offices via inter-agency courier. Picks up and distributes incoming mail. Sends mail outside the Agency as requested.
• Sends faxes for staff and distributes incoming faxes as required.
• Photocopies and distributes materials as required.
• Ensures Project Parent and Parent Teen Mediation reception area and staff supply room is neat and tidy and that all current forms are up to date and available for the staff.
• Co-ordinates coverage of general reception duties with the Office Manager for New West office on an as needed basis.
• Receives new referrals on behalf of the Program Manager.
• Performs data entry, scans and saves documents in the Sohema on-line information System as needed.
• Entry of stats for Early Childhood Community Consultant program (ECCC).
• Opens new client files, enters and updates client case information in Sohema.
• Enters new referrals on the Master List and updates the list when client record is assigned to a Family Counsellor.
• Sends closed files to MCFD storage off-site on an annual basis.
• Managing and maintaining resource library.
• Duties will involve light physical exertion.
• Provides direct administrative support to the Program Manager and staff in a confidential and timely manner.
• Assists the Program Manager to amend forms as necessary and ensure forms are readily available for staff.
• Books rooms for Family Counsellors on the Intouch room booking site.
• Ensures that program brochures are available to clients.
• Keeps track of office supplies, maintains the inventory and reorders supplies as necessary.
• Checks all Staples Supplies when received against the Order form, and keeps track of back logged orders and co-ordinates with the Office Manager.
• Makes recommendations to the Program Manager on office equipment, supplies, and recycling, etc.
• Assists staff in use of office equipment and routines.
• Provides assistance to the Office Manager at the direction of the Program Manager.
• Performs other assignments delegated by Program Manager
• Orders business cards as requested by the Program Manager.
• Helps maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen. Purchases cream and milk for team meetings and ensures all supplies are available at all times.
• Ensures the photocopier is in good working order; calls in for repairs and orders supplies as necessary
• Prepares for onsite meetings including food and equipment.
• Water plants
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 21 hours/week
Salary: GS 4 Step 1 – $17.59/hour
Location: New Westminster
Term: June 25th 2018 – March 31, 2019
Closing Date: June 13, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #67-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “INTERNAL” in the subject line of the email**
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
Send your application to: Florence Chou, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.