JOB OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Services Manager FSEAP (Part Time)
Competition #70-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (FSEAP)
Family Services Employee Assistance Program (FSEAP) provides clinical counselling services to employees of client organizations who may be experiencing problems in their personal, family, or work lives. In addition, the program provides a variety of organizational services to its corporate clients, including workplace consulting and training, and critical incident stress management responses. As a social enterprise OF Family Services of Greater Vancouver (FSGV), FSEAP is a fee-generating business, with all of its profits going to support the larger work of FSGV and the Greater Vancouver community.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
The Administrative Services Manager will ensure that the administrative needs of the FSEAP Program are met and carried out in an efficient and supportive manner. As a member of the management team, the Administrative Services Manager supervises the administrative support team and directs administrative management and support of the FSEAP team, participates in budgeting and manages within their budget, as well as fostering relationships with other internal and external parties.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Minimum of a Grade XII diploma, plus 2 years post-secondary training, with 5-7 years office management experience, including supervisory experience; equivalent education and experience will be considered.
• Ability to design and implement effective and efficient administrative policies and systems
• Exceptionally resourceful, with the ability to effectively problem-solve
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
• Superior organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• High degree of initiative and customer service skills
• Superior knowledge of Windows-based applications, client databases, and desktop publishing systems or the ability to quickly learn new programs
• Ability to engage, mentor, and develop staff
• Demonstrated record of professional excellence
• Strong sense of idealism and desire to give back to the community
• Good sense of humour and ability to have fun while working
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
1. Administrative Team Leadership:
• Maintain and support a high functioning administrative support team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Support admin team staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching employees; performance evaluations; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Coordinate general administrative support to program managers, staff, and functional areas.
2. Direct Administrative Systems Management and Support:
• Improve program and service quality by developing and evaluating new and existing administrative processes and systems and proactively seek opportunities to improve or streamline ineffective or inefficient processes or systems.
• Design and maintain filing systems that support client file management and program functional areas; ensure protection and security of program records and files.
• Provide direct administrative support in areas of word processing and document preparation, filing systems maintenance, mail and fax distribution and other administrative expertise.
• Assist in collecting program statistics, updating and maintaining databases.
• Support the program administrator to monitor the schedule of reporting to funders including the collection of internal statistics.
• Participate in establishing and maintaining current policy and procedure manuals to support best practice and compliance with accreditation standards
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, supervision sessions, and performance evaluation process; positively interact and support all program team members.
• Ensure new program staff receives orientation to program administrative systems.
• Assist staff in use of office equipment, systems and routines.
• Track facility access cards, keys etc. for new and existing staff
• Maintain program office supplies, furniture and equipment; liaise with suppliers, make recommendations to program’s senior leadership.
• Coordinate tech support for phones and computer systems
• Facilitate purchase of office equipment and services (e.g., computer/IT, phone systems, postage, filing, photocopy etc.) in conjunction with program & senior management.
• Ensure office equipment is in good repair and maintenance agreements are in place and necessary repairs or maintenance is carried out.
• Organize and prepare materials, supplies, etc for meetings, activities and events.
3. Financial Management:
• Ensure effective management of program petty cash and credit cards.
• Control office administration budget.
• Prepare, track and reconcile monthly account payables and receivables, deferred revenue accounts, in collaboration with the Finance Department.
• Support program financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
• Provide assistance to the VP and Program Administrator as requested on special projects or committees.
4. General Program Management:
• Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive and effective program designed to meet individual and community needs.
• Adhere to all program and agency policies and procedures.
• Work with senior management team on quality improvement initiatives.
• Representation on FSGV’s Office Administrators Committee.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
• Provide Administrative support to the President as required
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSEAP offers purposeful careers, serving the most vulnerable members of our community. This role offers you the opportunity to make a positive impact in our community. We provide a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSEAP supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: This is a part time role working 20 hours per week. We would prefer that the candidate works 4 hours a day Monday to Friday.
Salary: GS 9, $992.80 bi-weekly
Location: Work in the culturally vibrant Vancouver neighbourhood of Commercial Drive & East Broadway
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number # 70-18 in email subject line). Tell us where you heard of this opportunity, outlining your interest and demonstrating your relevant experience for this role in your cover letter.
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
Send your application to: Andrew Bryson at email@example.com
Post End Date: June 26, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.