JOB OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Assistant for Adoptions Agency – Term
Competition #78-18 | Download job posting PDF
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
Reporting to the Manager of Administrative Services this role is central in the efficient administrative functions and daily running of the Adoption Agency. There is a particular focus on client file management and document processing, as well as tracking client case progression and workflow. This role is highly detail-oriented, requires the ability to manage high-volume, confidential information with exceptional accuracy, while also providing warm, friendly service to clients and social workers. This position is suited to an individual with experience in social or human services fields.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
• Act as the first point of contact for phone and onsite clients, social workers and other visitors
• Prepare and distribute mail, order and track courier services
• Reply to email inquiries
• Book social workers appointments
2. Administrative Support
• Provide direct administrative support to the program and administrative managers and social workers
• Perform word processing, formatting and editing of correspondence, forms, reports and spreadsheets as requested
• Keep client records up to date from intake to closure in accordance with record keeping guidelines, MCFD standards, Agency policies and procedures, and CARF standards
• Work closely with prospective adoptive parents to ready their application for the home study process and dossier submission
• Assist with reports to MCFD, FSGV quarterly report and demographics by collating Client Satisfaction Surveys, Client Feedback forms, Stakeholder Feedback forms and Adoption Agency Statistics
• Keep track of office supplies, maintain the inventory and reorder supplies as necessary
• Ensure sufficient supply of promotional and informational packages and replenish as needed
• Assist with preparation for special events, information sessions and adoption education program
• Assist with maintaining and updating of the program website
• Collaborates with colleagues to create client invoices and process payments
• Process and track contractor and vendor invoices; handle billing and administrative queries regarding contractor payments, invoices and billing procedures
• Review staff expense claims for management approval, including cheque requisitions and mileage forms, etc.
• Prepare personal Agency Visa invoice, with receipts, for approval by Program Manager on a monthly basis
• Maintain up to date financial records on client accounts
• Track and process contractor and vendor invoices
• Generate financial reports as needed
• Monitor and follow up on ageing invoices
WHAT YOU BRING
• Education and training: Grade XII diploma, with 1-2 years post-secondary training
• Experience: 1-2 years in experience in a computerized office environment with high volume paper management, preferably within the non-profit or social enterprise sector
• Exceptionally resourceful, with the ability to effectively problem-solve
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with QuickBooks, Weebly, MailChimp, EventBrite and SurveyMonkey would be beneficial, but training is provided.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Position most suited to someone who is client focused and logic driven, with exceptional ability to manage a paper heavy position that requires consistent electronic back up and tracking;
• Must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions; multiple workload sources while remaining flexible and resilient
• Interest in the field of adoptions is ideal.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, and offer mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Term: August 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018 with the possibility of extension
Location: Work in the culturally vibrant Vancouver neighbourhood of Commercial Drive & East Broadway
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number 78-18 in email subject line). Please tell us where you heard of this opportunity, outlining your interest and demonstrating your relevant experience for this role in your cover letter.
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
Send your application to: Olga Iskakova, Manager of Administrative Services for FSGV Adoption Agency, at email@example.com
Post End Date: July 12, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders and sexual orientations, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.