JOB OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Assistant – FSEAP
Competition #83-18 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
Family Services Employee Assistance Program (www.fseap.bc.ca)
Family Services Employee Assistance Programs (FSEAP) provides employee assistance program services to approximately 100 corporate customers in British Columbia. The program provides clinical counseling services to employees of contracted organizations who may be experiencing problems in their personal, family, or work lives. In addition, the program provides a variety of organizational services to its corporate clients, including workplace consulting and training, and critical incident stress management responses. As a social enterprise, FSEAP is a fee-generating business, with all of its profits going to support the larger work of FSGV.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Superior organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally resourceful, with the ability to effectively problem-solve
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative
- Superior knowledge of Windows-based applications, client databases, and accounting software or the ability to quickly learn new programs
- Demonstrated record of professional excellence
- Strong sense of idealism and desire to give back to the community
- Good sense of humour and ability to have fun while working
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Financial Support (Primary duties)
- Data-entry and attaching of affiliate clinical forms/reports to client database files using Cute PDF software and an EAP specific database.
- Reviewing, approving or adjusting vendor/counsellor invoices based on submitted documentation
- Handle billing and administrative queries regarding contractor payments, invoices and billing procedures and complaints on the phone, by email and in person. Discuss contractor billing issues with Administrative Services Manager.
- Administrative Support
- Provide direct administrative support to the program staff.
- Perform word processing, formatting and editing of correspondence, forms, reports and spreadsheets as requested.
- Provide program staff with all aspects of administrative support.
- Keep client records up to date in accordance with record keeping guidelines, Agency policies and procedures, and COA standards.
- Collate Client Satisfaction Surveys, Client Feedback forms, Stakeholder Feedback forms, and Volunteer Feedback forms in preparation for quarterly reports.
- Other Administrative and Reception duties as assigned
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
As part of the FSEAP administrative team, this role is primarily responsible for processing invoices from external vendors and affiliate counsellors. In addition this role will provide back up support for reception and other admin team members meaning greeting clients via telephone and in-person, providing other data entry support, helping with document design/formatting, and other administrative tasks. This role requires the ability to manage day to day administrative tasks while providing warm, friendly phone and reception service to clients
This is a 7 month term, full time role, 35 hours/week during regular business hours. Contract may be renewed or extended based on workload and performance.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Position: Initial 7 month term (possibility of renewal/extension)
Work Hours: This is a full time role working 35 hours per week, depending on candidate match
Salary: GS 4 Step 1, $1,231.30 bi-weekly
Location: East Broadway and Commercial
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: July 24, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #83-18 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “INTERNAL” in the subject line of the email**
FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
Send your application to: Andrew Bryson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.