JOB OPPORTUNITY: Integration Support Worker – PRIYD
Competition #84-17 | Download job posting PDF
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
FSGV commands respect in the community while envisioning and impacting brighter futures for the people we serve. We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education, employment support and community services.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Two years of post secondary education in psychology, social work or related field
- Demonstrated experience working with children and youth
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals with challenging behaviours or developmental disability
- Strong interest in working with children and youth with developmental disability, and their families
- Criminal record check is a condition of employment
- Current first aid certification preferred
- Driver’s License is not required
- Evening and weekend availability
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
The PRIYD program is a community access program focusing on functional life skills and community integration for special needs children and youth living in Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, and Vancouver. A support for children and youth with developmental disabilities and behavioural challenges, the goals of the program are to increase each person’s independence and to support the family. Service is provided both one-to-one and in small groups.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Supporting children and youth experiencing family crisis and/or developmental delay
- Coaching children and youth through life transitions
- Forming supportive relationships with families and caregivers
- Completing confidential paperwork
- Planning fun learning activities in the community
- Working together with social workers, behaviour consultants and other professionals as part of an integrated team
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV offers purposeful careers, serving the most vulnerable members of our community. This role offers you the opportunity to help children and youth thrive and make a positive impact in our community.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship, paid training and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 5-30 hours per week of client-direct time, plus ongoing training. Client-direct time is scheduled on weekends and after school, on the same day each week for a minimum of 13 months.
Applications from eligible individuals able to commit the same day and time for 13 months and participation in ongoing professional development are welcomed.
Wage: $18.65 per hour (GS5, Step 1)
Location: Community-based with office locations at 3665 Kingsway and 1638 East Broadway.
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #84-17 in email subject line) outlining your interest and demonstrating your relevant experience for this role. Please tell us where you heard of this opportunity.
Send your application to: Jacqueline Young, PRIYD Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post End Date: Until filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders and sexual orientations, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.