AT-RISK AND HOMELESS YOUTH
Directions Youth Services (Vancouver)
Services for at-risk, homeless, or street-involved youth under 25
Supporting vulnerable youth through a collection of services and locations including:
- Directions Youth Services Centre: a drop-in centre where youth can access hot nutritious meals and snacks, showers, laundry, medical care, professional counselling, pet care and other critical supports. The centre is located at 1138 Burrard Street, Vancouver, and open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- Directions Youth Detox: a voluntary program focused on harm reduction.
- Directions Youth Safehouse: a safe space for youth to stay for up to a month.
- Directions Youth Haven: a safe low-barrier house where youth aged 16-19 can stay for up to a month.
- Supportive Housing: For youth transitioning out of Ministry care.
- Street Youth Job Action: a pre-employment program helping youth learn vital job skills and earn income.
- Outreach: staff connect with youth on the streets to let them know about programs and services.