FOSTER FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
To request service, please call 604-731-4951.
What you can expect from Foster Family Support Services:
- In-home support by skilled professionals.
- Help understanding what’s behind children’s challenging behaviours.
- Opportunities to learn new and different ways to respond as a foster parent or family caregiver.
- Someone to support you in meetings with social workers and other professionals.
- Someone to support you through legal processes.
- A place to get more information on fostering, extended family care options or adoption.
- Support with the challenges of navigating the MCFD system.
- A place to connect with other foster parents.
Our Staff: The staff at Foster Family Support Services are highly skilled professionals who have many years of experience in the child welfare system.
Fees for Service: There are no fees with accessing Foster Family Support Services. Funding for the program is provided by the Ministry for Children and Family Development.
Access to Program: Support services are available to Foster Parents and their relatives as well as Extended Family Caregivers who are providing care for children on behalf of MCFD.
Community connections: Visit Foster Hub to connect with the fostering community.
Family Services of Greater Vancouver
201-1638 East Broadway
Phone: 604 874 2938