Our application portal has now closed for the 2023-24 program.
The application portal will re-open in December 2024
for applications for the 2024-25 program.
Thank you for considering FSGV’s Trauma Services for your internship placement!
Our Graduate Internship Program is for folks completing a graduate degree (Masters) in counselling or social work. Our Internship Program supports interns in both their personal and professional growth. The internship program is an exciting opportunity for interns to refine their counselling skills, develop new skills and nurture the development of “self” as therapist. We wish interns to continually seek awareness of self and use this information to define strengths and areas for growth. Our Intern Supervisors have diverse training, skills and expertise in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, arts-based approaches, Internal Family Systems, Play Therapy, and EMDR. We approach counselling from a trauma-informed, feminist, intersectional, anti-oppressive lens. We believe that work with clients is relational, that clients are the experts of their own lives and lived experiences, and we are here to walk alongside our clients as they move towards a greater sense of well-being. We offer a workplace culture of respectful consultation and mutual support.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Our Internship Program is 8 months in duration – from September to April (we do not offer block placements)
- Includes a combination of virtual and in-person work with clients
- Internships are available in our Stopping the Violence Programs, and Child & Family Trauma Programs
- Clients come to our programs with trauma histories including; childhood sexual abuse, gender-based violence and violence in their families of origin
- We typically take on more experienced interns (folks with some previous counselling experience, some play or expressive arts or somatic training or trauma– specific training)
- Interns are expected to work 2 days a week and to see 8 clients per week
- Days of the week for internships vary depending on the site and the supervisor’s availability
- We provide an hour and a half of individual clinical supervision each week
- We provide group supervision/peer consultation for 2 hours once a month (all interns are required to attend)
- We also offer an in-house training program for our interns which includes monthly workshops on a variety of topics
- We are able to offer some group counselling hours but not enough for all of our interns so you may need to find that through another site
- All interns are welcome to take any of the agency’s offered trainings (free) of which there are many throughout the year
Sorry. This form is no longer available.