The SpencerCreo Impact Award is available to youth who have experienced, or are experiencing, barriers to education due to poverty, trauma, intergenerational trauma, substance use, or homelessness. The SpencerCreo Foundation’s Impact Award is available to youth who:
- Are Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants
- Have a demonstrated financial need
- Are a client of one of SpencerCreo’s partner agencies:
- Aunt Leah’s Place
- Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS)
- Have a commitment from one of the partner agencies to support the student for the duration of the program. Financial compensation is available to agencies for support hours.
Funding is available for youth who enrolled in a 2-year education or training program. Preference is given to vocational programs that lead directly to employment. Past award winners have enrolled in Health Sciences, Nursing, Medical Transcriptionist, and Counselling Skills programs at Douglas College, Simon Fraser University, Langara College, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, BCIT, Vancouver Community College, and CanScribe Career College.
Based on demonstrated need, the SpencerCreo Impact Award covers tuition and living expenses for the duration of the program. Previous awards averaged $20,000 annually; individual awards vary based on need.
Please note that partner agencies must submit the application on behalf of a current client, as a commitment to provide ongoing support to the student is a requirement for the award.