Financial Empowerment at FSGV offers free, confidential one-on-one coaching for any financial issues you may be struggling with.
Our empathetic, experienced advocates are here to offer non-judgmental, trauma-informed support. Nobody is “bad with money”; we believe that anyone, that YOU, can learn the skills and tools to take charge of your financial life.
Even if you aren’t sure what your financial issues are, our coaches can help you identify them and then strategize the best solutions for tackling your particular troubles and goals. No matter what stage of life your in our coaches are here to help; we have expertise in the specific issues facing seniors, youth, and everyone in between.
Our free coaching service is available to low-income individuals, couples, and families.
Unsure whether you qualify? Give us a call and we’ll figure it out together: 1 800 609 3202
HOW WE HELP
Common supports we provide in coaching sessions:
- Creating and sticking to a budget
- Managing on a fixed income
- Financial goal setting
- Dealing with credit and debt
- Protecting yourself against frauds and scams
- Filing taxes and accessing benefits
- Saving for the future: a (grand)child’s education, retirement, and so on
- Understanding registered saving and investment plans: RRSPs, TFSAs, RDSPs, and RESPs