Founded in 1928, Family Services of Greater Vancouver (FSGV) is a charitable organization that inspires and supports people in reaching their full potential.
Brighter tomorrows in which all people are resilient, confident, and filled with hope.
To ensure children are nurtured, youth find optimism, adults feel empowered, and parents make choices that build strong families.
Our areas of impact
- Developing more inclusive communities
- Building stronger families
- Supporting youth in overcoming homelessness
- Ending violence against women, children, and seniors
- Diversity—everybody matters
- Integrity—we do right by people
- Optimism—change is ever possible
- Innovation—we dream; we have courage; we respond
- Excellence—it’s where we start
We rely on individuals, organizations, and businesses to provide their time, advocacy, expertise, and donations to help us continue doing great work. While we do provide service through government contracts for some of our programs, many programs survive solely on your support. It’s because of you we’re able to give people a helping hand
during the most difficult times of their lives.
FSGV is accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)—a testament that the agency conforms to the highest level of nationally and internationally recognized service standards.
View list of funders.
Working closely with a number of organizations across Greater Vancouver allows us to have the greatest impact. View all affiliations.