Our services are client-centered. We carefully match participants with one of our Integration Support Workers (ISWs). Once matched, ISWs focus on building trusting relationships with each client before moving on to goal setting.
Common goal areas include:
- social skills
- community safety
- community connections
- transit skills
- decision making
- emotional regulation
- confidence and self-esteem
- money skills
PRIYD youth meet either 1-on-1 with their ISW or in a group with other youth and ISWs. Sessions happen once per week, on the same day and at the same time, and go for 4 hours.
There are no fees for services.
Session activities vary based on client interests and goals and often include things like:
- playing games, sports, hiking
- library visits
- arts and crafts projects
- accessing social opportunities
- trying new things
- taking transit
- utilizing community resources
- going to restaurants
- exploring the community: Science World, the aquarium, museums, and art galleries
- visiting post-secondary institutions